Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday Trainwreck - If Chevy Chase Were Dead, He'd Be Spinning In His Grave

What in the hell happened to the once proud name of National Lampoon? The franchise that gave us National Lampoon's Vacation, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and probably some other good movies too, is apparently just a distant memory. Almost all the releases over the past decade or so have been nothing but B-quality crap with some T&A thrown in (not that I have anything against T&A - I'm just making a point here). And this flick fits that formula to a tee: National Lampoon's Pucked:


Now I know what you're thinking: "kidd, you're just a hater. How can a flick starring Jon Bon Jovi, David Faustino, and Nora Dunn be anything but awesome!" What can I say, I have a low opinion of others. And for those of you scratching your heads, David Faustino is the kid from Married...With Children.

The movie's about a guy who decides to live his dream by creating a female hockey team. Take a minute and read that again. Go ahead, I'll wait. Got that? So, long story short, he ends up in court after falling helplessly in debt, and must use his legal skills (he used to be a lawyer, by the way) to get himself out of hot water. At least, I think that's how it ends - I fell asleep about an hour into it, and just couldn't bring myself to hit rewind. It's that kind of a movie. Feel free to leave a comment and confirm the accuracy of this one.

About the only redeeming quality of the movie is that it stars the delicious Estella Warren, who's probably best known for her role in the 2001 remake of Planet of the Apes. That girl can play with my hockey stick any time she wants.

In short? Amazon wants a full $20 for this, so I wouldn't waste my time. Anymore than I already have, that is. But, if you and your buddies need to have something on the TV while getting smashed, this makes a good something - especially when it hits the bargain bin in three months.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard anything from Chevy Chase in a while, so maybe he really has gone to that great multiplex in the sky. But even if he isn't dead, his career - and his residuals - certainly are.

No comments: